DIY Moss Table Numbers
(spotted on ruffled)
For this project, you will need:
-large bell jar
-wood numbers (to fit bell jar)
-instant Green Moss sheets
1. Cut skewers to 3” using the inside part of the kitchen scissors. Hot glue to the back of the wood numbers, be sure to adjust for straightness.
2. Moss comes in large rolls with a mesh on the back. Cut a small sheet large enough to overlap around the number. Trim around the edges, leaving enough to wrap.
3. Wrap the edges and secure moss down with hot glue underneath, trimming and pulling as needed. If it starts to move on you on a few of the trickier numbers, feel free to tack down the front of the number with a few dots of hot glue first. For curves and corners, cut the overlap to the edges with slits. Add small pieces or chunks of moss and glue to fill in holes on the back.
4. While holding the number vertical, hot glue the bottom of the skewer to the center of the wood disk to make a stand.
5. Cut a piece of moss to cover the base of the bell jar and trim to fit. Cut a radius slit from the edge to the center to slip in the number stand.
6. Secure the number to the center with hot glue. Add the moss base over it and tack down edges with hot glue. If you plan to reuse the bell jar, it’s okay because the hot glue will come off easily later.
7. Place the top over the jar and repeat with remaining numbers.